Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 08-01-2022, 08:35 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Default 1927 Roadster

Hey guys, I've been gone for at least a year or more. I had to put my car addiction on the back burner so I could work on a couple dozen construction projects the misses asked me to finish. So now I'm nearly finished and I'm itching to start a new car project.
Ever since I joined this forum I've been trying to decide what year and model from the 20's or 30's would best suit my vision. As the title suggest, it's going to be a 27 Roadster. I had decided I didn't want to build anything from the ground up and always thought a roller would be best suited for my first attempt at this. My only problem is I don't really know what the heck I'm doing when it comes to the value of anything related to a Rat / Hot Rod from the 20's. Anyway, I found a 27 Roadster on the HAMB and thought it would be a good idea to run it by the experts over here at Undead Sleds
Here's the link https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...dster.1268371/
Thanks in advance for any and all opinions and or advise. To me it looks like a good start with decent parts for a Roller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg upload_2022-7-5_16-25-38.jpg (164.7 KB, 37 views)

Offroadrolls build:

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23696

42 Chevy PU build:
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthr...ht=42+chevy+pu
Old 08-01-2022, 09:00 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Cool looking ride.
Looks like a good starting point to a traditional hot rod. The price is way out of my reach, but more power to you.
How hard is it to get a title where you are?
Torchie
Old 08-01-2022, 09:54 PM
Creators of all things awesome

I know up here in Washington I can probably get a title for easy. But each state it's different. Not sure he's too far off on the price. It does look like a very good start

Minterfab.com
Old 08-01-2022, 10:45 PM
Fascinated by rolling objects!

Welcome back ORR Not cheap but it's real steel and looks nearly ready for the road. It seems he is willing to come down on the price. Probably due to the lack of a title. Researching the titling process in your state would be my first move. Odd that the seller described the engine when it wasn't being sold with it.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:48 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman View Post
Welcome back ORR Not cheap but it's real steel and looks nearly ready for the road. It seems he is willing to come down on the price. Probably due to the lack of a title. Researching the titling process in your state would be my first move. Odd that the seller described the engine when it wasn't being sold with it.
That's because there are two different prices. At the top of the ad you can see it's $15K, but he will sell it for $8K less the motor and trans.

My '46 GMC on Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.

And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.

The more I learn about women, the more I like my car.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:54 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I don't know about the price or the market down there, but assembling a collection of vintage parts like that can cost a lot so I don't think he's too off base.

A few important things: 1. Find out if you can title/register it easily where you are. 2. Model T's are small. Will you fit in it comfortably for the driving you plan to do? 3. Make sure any chassis work was done well, otherwise you're paying for work that basically has to be scrapped and redone and wasting your money.

My '46 GMC on Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.

And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.

The more I learn about women, the more I like my car.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:26 AM
Fascinated by rolling objects!

15k with the hemi. Be sad to see it replaced with a sbc.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:53 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchie View Post
Cool looking ride.
Looks like a good starting point to a traditional hot rod. The price is way out of my reach, but more power to you.
How hard is it to get a title where you are?
Torchie
Thanks Torchie, Titles in CO are a bit of a process but doable. (Anyone from Colorado please speak up if I'm wrong.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudget50 View Post
I know up here in Washington I can probably get a title for easy. But each state it's different. Not sure he's too far off on the price. It does look like a very good start
Thanks LB, That's what I thought, a good start.

Quote:
Thanks Earthman, Ya he's gonna pull the engine and trans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05snopro440 View Post
I don't know about the price or the market down there, but assembling a collection of vintage parts like that can cost a lot so I don't think he's too off base.

Thanks Snopro, Again that's what I thought, a nice collection of vintage parts. I like the 28 Durant "Star" hub cap on the Chriscraft steering wheel. The only reason I know what that is is because I was looking at a 28 Durant roadster here locally the other day.

A few important things: 1. Find out if you can title/register it easily where you are. 2. Model T's are small. Will you fit in it comfortably for the driving you plan to do? 3. Make sure any chassis work was done well, otherwise you're paying for work that basically has to be scrapped and redone and wasting your money.
Thanks again Snopro, Yes like I said above titles are a process but doable. He say's there's a serial number on the frame but the frame is a 32 and the body is a 27. I wonder how that'll work at the DMV? I hadn't thought about the size of it. I'm 6' and about 240 so if I don't fit I won't feel bad about selling it, which is my plan anyway. Yes on the chassis work! My plan will be to pull the body off and maybe put a 4 link in the rear. He sent me some pictures and it looks like it has a transverse spring in the rear now?

I'm currently working on a list of questions for a phone conversation scheduled for later this week.
We'll see how it goes and figures crossed this post will turn into a build thread in the near future.
Thanks everyone!

Offroadrolls build:

42 Chevy PU build:
Old 08-02-2022, 11:56 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
15k with the hemi. Be sad to see it replaced with a sbc.
I've got something real special planned for the engine. It aught to make it a one of a kind.

Offroadrolls build:

42 Chevy PU build:
Old 08-02-2022, 06:11 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder